- Butter : 125g
- Castor Sugar : 1Cup
- Eggs : 3, at room temperature
- All Purpose flour : 1 1/2Cups
- Baking Powder : 1tsp
- Baking Soda : 1/4tsp
- Salt : 1/8tsp
- Vanilla Essence : 1 1/2tsp
- Milk (Enough to make batter slightly thin)
- Coco Powder : 1 tblsp.
- Whipping cream :1Cup, chilled
- Sugar Syrup
- Preheat oven at 170˚C. (Microwave Convection – I normally keep the timing as 1.50 hrs.)
- Grease and line Bundt Cake Tin, also OTG Aluminium Tray and keep aside.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. And sift Cocoa Powder separately and keep aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add the castor sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla essence and sifted flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder part by part and beat. Add milk if batter is thick and continue beating.
- Divide the batter into 2 parts. (1 part of 65%, pour into bundt cake tin and the rest in any cake tin.)
- I had old OTG Aluminium Tray and had poured 2nd part of batter into that tray. But in the 2nd part before pouring the batter into the tray, cocoa powder needs to be mixed with it and then poured into the tray. Then I put the tray into MW and removed it when baked and inserted the bundt cake tin into MW.
- Bake until the cake pulls away from the sides. Remove from the oven but carefully pull the lining. Let the cake cool completely.
- Take out the flat cake from the OGT Tray and make them into crumbs with your hand. Then pour in whipping cream and beat crumbs and whipping cream with electric beater till in comes to smooth paste. Keep aside in the fridge.
- When Bundt cake is removed from the pan after cooling, cut the cake horizontally with a sharp knife into half and pour sugar syrup to make the cake moist and spread out cake crumbs paste on all sides. Then lay down the other half cake to form a sandwich. Spread out the remaining crumb paste evenly on all sides and even inside the circle. Once done, Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs. Then before serving dust out some Castor Sugar on the cake and cut and enjoy the moist and chocolaty cake.
|Cake removed from Bundt Cake Pan after cooling|
|Bundt Cake Pan|
|OTG Tray for making crumbs cake|
For the Syrup :
On Medium flame sugar and water in a sauce pan. When sugar has dissolved completely and has the consistency of milk, turn of the flame and allow the syrup to cool completely.
Frosting & Assembling :
Beat whipped cream till it turns soft and fluffy.